cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

Home!
Travel, knitting, and travel knitting
Springtime in the Rockies
26.2 miles in 3:22
Panama City
Baby in the Snow - from Lani
Anna Maria Island
Don't mess with my bed!
Do Blonds have more fun?
News from the top of the mountain

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Saturday, April 04, 2009

In theory (posted by Lani)

I'm going to Florida tomorrow. I say "in theory" because it just stopped snowing for a bit and I looked out the window. Um ... I know I parked the car out there last night ... oh.
Well, pooh. That's gonna take a little bit of shoveling. The wind has been blowing every which way, so the snow is pretty much drifted up like that all around the car. Whoopie. And we're supposed to get more snow this afternoon and this evening. Whoopie, again. Also Northwest, while they assure me that yes my flight is definitely on schedule for tomorrow, not only won't let me check in online but won't even let me sign up for email notification of flight status. Maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist, but I have my doubts about this particular flight right now. Wish me luck.

Your orchids are GORGEOUS. I wish I could have orchids, but instead I have cats (see: previous post re black cat eating flowers). I haven't yet figured out a place I could put orchids that wouldn't be cat-accessible. Take lots of pictures, I'll just live vicariously.

Your knitting is also gorgeous and makes me jealous. I swear, I WILL find more time to knit. God knows I love the socks you gave me, and the ones I made myself, and the pair that I'm done with but too lazy to kitchener the toes on (FINE, I'll do it today then), and God also knows that I have some gorgeous sock yarn with which to make more socks ... I'm going to set my sights at a pair of socks per month for the rest of the year. That should fill my sock drawer nicely, and it's not an unreasonable goal; socks really do go quickly if you sit down and just do them (obviously that sitting-down-and-just-doing part is my failing).

Let's see, what else. Ann and Bud took my Baby-In-The-Snow picture and had it printed on canvas for us ... it is spectacular! I wanted to hang it in the front hall but Steve wants it where he can see it, so we hung it in the dungeon -- er, the family room. Now I'm wanting to take more pictures of our local flora and fauna to accompany it ... and speaking of that, guess what we have in the area? We have moose! Meese? Mooses? ;) Yeah. Those big hairy fellows have settled in just west of the ridge we live on, down in the valley. I'm hoping to get some good shots of them at some point, preferably using the zoom on my camera since they don't have a reputation of being very sociable. Pretty cool.

3 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger ♥♥♥♥♥ Jennifer™® ♥♥♥♥♥ said...

your blog is very good

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

hope every thing works out for your flight!! i got a knit two socks at a time book ..but have i knit a sock.. umm NO..

hehe.. your baby in the snow pic was awesome!!

so let me know when the white stuff subsides.. so i can come see you LOL

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Good lord that's a lot of snow!!! Hope your flight works, and that you are already in Panama City having a glass of wine or one of Dad's killer drinks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home