I feel a little weird here ... (posted by Lani)
As of midnight Friday night I'm an ex-flight attendant, and let me tell you that they got every last MINUTE of work out of me; my last flight landed at 11:50 on my last day, and I walked down the jetway and away from the plane at exactly midnight. Steve is ecstatic about me leaving the job; I'm not. I mean, I'm fine with it for right now, I really need the time to be home packing and organizing stuff and getting ready to move, but I want to keep flying. Steve, on the other hand, was all but setting off fireworks and popping open a bottle of champagne about me not doing it any more. *sigh*
So we're now 11 days and counting from closing on our house. So far so good; we had a few issues come up on the home inspection but only two that were really worrisome, and both of those seem to be resolved (we'll know for sure by Tuesday). I was amused; 24 bullet points on the inspection report, and 19 of them are things like 'we recommend installing doorstops' and 'the lightbulb in the master closet is burned out' and 'the screens have been removed from the doors and are stored away'. The really comforting thing for us was the cover letter from the inspector, though, which read in part "I had the pleasure of looking at the home during the big snow fall. It is obviously very well built!" Those words are music to my ears.
The sale of our Norfolk house goes slowly. This is such a bad time of year, and on top of that the weather has been bad. We've only had one showing thus far; we had hoped to have more this weekend but had terrible terrible weather. We're pretty much resigned to it being a while before the house sells, and are trying to decide how to proceed with the move given that. Our options are (1) We both go out to Colorado with the bare minimum to camp out there for a while, leave this house furnished for one month for showing purposes, and then I'll fly back to meet the movers at the end of January and get our stuff moved. (2) Steve goes to Colorado and camps out and I stay here until the end of January, at which time the movers come. (3) We just say screw it and pack up and go, and the house gets shown empty. Bleh. We have to make a decision soon, obviously, but we're waffling. Any input from the peanut gallery? What would you do?