cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

The Story of Our New House
Finally.
Robert Burton said
Happy Birthday To You!
Most Medicated Blogger
Long Time No See!
Just a T-shirt?
I survived
42!
More pictures, and lots of pasta

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Monday, December 17, 2007

I feel a little weird here ... (posted by Lani)

As of midnight Friday night I'm an ex-flight attendant, and let me tell you that they got every last MINUTE of work out of me; my last flight landed at 11:50 on my last day, and I walked down the jetway and away from the plane at exactly midnight. Steve is ecstatic about me leaving the job; I'm not. I mean, I'm fine with it for right now, I really need the time to be home packing and organizing stuff and getting ready to move, but I want to keep flying. Steve, on the other hand, was all but setting off fireworks and popping open a bottle of champagne about me not doing it any more. *sigh*

So we're now 11 days and counting from closing on our house. So far so good; we had a few issues come up on the home inspection but only two that were really worrisome, and both of those seem to be resolved (we'll know for sure by Tuesday). I was amused; 24 bullet points on the inspection report, and 19 of them are things like 'we recommend installing doorstops' and 'the lightbulb in the master closet is burned out' and 'the screens have been removed from the doors and are stored away'. The really comforting thing for us was the cover letter from the inspector, though, which read in part "I had the pleasure of looking at the home during the big snow fall. It is obviously very well built!" Those words are music to my ears.

The sale of our Norfolk house goes slowly. This is such a bad time of year, and on top of that the weather has been bad. We've only had one showing thus far; we had hoped to have more this weekend but had terrible terrible weather. We're pretty much resigned to it being a while before the house sells, and are trying to decide how to proceed with the move given that. Our options are (1) We both go out to Colorado with the bare minimum to camp out there for a while, leave this house furnished for one month for showing purposes, and then I'll fly back to meet the movers at the end of January and get our stuff moved. (2) Steve goes to Colorado and camps out and I stay here until the end of January, at which time the movers come. (3) We just say screw it and pack up and go, and the house gets shown empty. Bleh. We have to make a decision soon, obviously, but we're waffling. Any input from the peanut gallery? What would you do?

4 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Deneen said...

Lani, I was thinking about you this AM and am relieved you weren't working anymore-the US Airways plane flying from Philly to RI that skidded off the runway in Warwick.

I hope all goes well in the house sale and with the new move.

Happy Holidays!

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I would take option 2 - you and Steve both go to Denver with a bed and two bar stools.

Don't forget lots of blankets.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I say you just pack up everything and move. I know a lot of people recommend showing a house with furnishings, but I don't think it's really necessary. We saw our house when it was devoid of furniture and it was easier to picture our stuff filling up the space! :)

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger robind said...

Lani,
Hi it's me Robin DiBuono and I have an offer on your house in NOrfolk. I can not reach you on your cell number. Call me asap at 757-328-8000. This will be great news for the sister page.

Robin DiBuono

 

Post a Comment

<< Home