cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

The Cake
I'll do anything for cake ....
Snow Day!
My day
Bonjour!
Happy New Year!
Perhaps
Yum, or What I Did Today
Happy 4th of July!
Why, Hello!

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Knitting - yes, I still do some (posted by Ann)

I participated in a swap box that Kathy B of IrishEyes Knitting Blog started, and I was very excited to get the following from the box - a Vogue knitting book on Shawls, stitch markers, a note card for a baby sweater, 2 skeins of lovely turquoise cotton from Takhi, 2 skeins of Aura in blue/gold/purple/fuschia, and two skeins of Heirloom in a purple that matches the Aura, and a skein of Lush angora/wool in a brick color.

Don't know what I'm doing with any of it but I'm sure I'll have fun figuring it all out. I was at the very end of the swap so the box is on it's way back to Kathy. I'm not telling everything I put in it, but there may be a bit of dark chocolate in with the yarn . . . .

I have finished a few things, and since I haven't posted any pictures in a while here goes.

Red lace scarf out of cashmere, I don't remember which yarn. Lovely, soft and really warm. You previously saw this modeled on my friend Sally along with the mittens below.




















Optic Mittens. These are my favorite mittens, I was afraid that I made them too small but am wearing them a lot. They are definitely snug, I made them with the smaller needle size, but they are really warm and they are stretchy enough to work. I like the yarn I chose, it has a slight halo which blurs the strong graphic a bit and softens them up. Lovely, and getting a lot of use.















Stockholm Cowl and Bella's Mittens out of Cascade 200. I made the mittens with the yarn held double, and the Stockholm Cowl with the yarn single. Both are really warm and very pretty in this deep maroon. I absolutely detest the whole Twilight thing - don't get me started on lack of plot, lack of character development, and all the rest - but I saw these mittens on Ravelry modeled after ones Bella wore in the movie, and I loved them. Steve says they attract vampires and to be careful. I wanted a scarf to match, and this cowl is great. You can wear it so many different ways and it has great texture. I think that the pairing is pretty awesome (you might be getting some yarn and the patterns in a future month . . you never know . . .)

Socks out of Patons Kroy Socks FX, can't remember the color number but it has gray blue and green. These socks are very sturdy so I suspect they will wear like iron, but they manage not to be scratchy. Gratuitious shot of Tater included.I have started this shawl (it's a Ravelry link, so I don't think you'll be able to see it unless you belong to Ravelry). It is my first experience doing lace which is not relieved by purl or knit rows between the pattern, and I have ripped out twice now. I am telling myself that it will click eventually. And a new pair of socks out of Lorna's Laces, colorway is Mountain Creek. Lovely plain socks to keep me entertained while on long conference calls and longer flights

And a bunch of dishcloths that are in staging for Mom's dishcloth-of-the-month. I am having fun with these, and have found a lot of new patterns. The yellow and white one is my favorite pattern so far, it looks like honeycomb. The pattern is called Circle Cloth. Looks like she may wind up getting slightly more than one a month as I work my way through my backlog of Peaches & Creme and Sugar 'n Cream. Did you send her February one to her, or will we be doubling up in March?

This is about half of what I've finished the last few months - evidently my knitting really ramps up in the winter months! I'll post the rest when I have pictures.

Hey Lani - I keep looking at this and wondering if it is the year for us to meet there. What do you think?

P.S. I mailed your March box - it should arrive in the first week of March. Yay me!

P.P.S. Made any cakes lately?

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger kathy b said...

Ann

TATER is adorable. Love his name. All of your knitting is quite lovely. So glad you found some yarns in the swap. thankyou for the decadent chocolate...it was enjoyed in part at work over the weekend around 0400. When a friend helped me with An I.V. I was only too happy to share!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home