cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

On Strike
. . . and I'm back!
I'm here!
Awwwwww!!!!
Sharing Is Not Always Good ...
Lapdog
Magic
Overheard
Well
Some finished, some not-so-finished

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Oops, I did it again ... (posted by Lani)

Got busy and neglected posting, that is. So, let's see, what's new and exciting here. Well, last weekend I went to Kentucky to visit Jim, and had a fabulous time, and, um, well, spent a lot of money too. We'll get to that later, though. Jim is doing wonderfully, which obviously makes Jim's mother very happy. He's happy with his job and doing well at it, and is seriously looking at going back to school part-time this summer. That makes Jim's mother even happier, needless to say. Quick pic of a happy Jim:

This is the only picture I have where he's even remotely smiling; he hates having his picture taken. Still, he's happy! Note all the cold weather gear, gloves, coats, etc. behind him ... it was COLD in Lexington, and got colder while I was there.

So the shopping thing! Well, it seems there's a Talbot's outlet in Lexington ... whoops. I bought a LOT of clothes. I bought so many clothes that I was worried they wouldn't all fit in my suitcase. They did, in the end -- well, in my suitcase and my tote bag -- but both bags were so stuffed that I was really afraid they'd explode if dropped. Whee! Shopping is fun, especially when you get stuff for super-duper cheap. As if I didn't do enough damage at Talbots, on Saturday we went to Berea, which is south of Lexington. Berea is a wonderful little town which bills itself as The Folk Arts and Crafts Capital of Kentucky, and seriously there is some fabulous shopping there for handmade items of all kind. Everything from cutesy-country stuff to very elegant and sophisticated items fill shops which line the streets; it was a great day of wandering in and out of shops. And, oops, I did it there too; I bought some fabulous jewelry for myself, and a couple of Christmas gifts for others.

As for flying, yes I've been doing that too. This past week I've been to Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York, Columbus Ohio, Montreal, Charleston, Raleigh and Savannah; sadly I was so broke after Kentucky that all I did was sightsee a bit in Baltimore, no money to spend! Tomorrow morning I leave on another trip that will take me back to Philadelphia, Montreal, Baltimore, New York, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Washington DC, and Providence, RI before coming home on Wednesday. Loving it, loving it, loving it, but it does tend to keep me just a little occupied. By the time I come home from a trip I'm usually tired enough that my first day back is mostly being lazy; doing a little laundry, lazing around with the dog and the cats, maybe puttering in the yard, and that's about it. Still, it's fun, ya'll. And Steve is handling it surprisingly well, too. Life is good here!

And travel benefits! Not only fun for 'let's go to New York and see a Broadway show!' but very good for those phone calls that go: "Mom, can you come help me pack? The movers will be here on the 22nd, so if you could come before then it would be great!" Yeah, I'm going to try to go to Florida this coming weekend and help Laurie pack to move to her new apartment. After all, why not? And then I'm taking Jim to Washington DC in March for a few days to visit the Smithsonian and of course the various historical monuments; and then in April Steve and I have planned a trip to New York for my birthday. Have I mentioned I love this job?

5 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Deneen said...

I am so glad you love your job!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger none said...

That is awesome you love your job! It sounds fun being able to travel around. One of my favorite hobbies is "people watching" and I bet there are a lot of weird things in each town you go to.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Marvie said...

You sound happy =) And you look great! Now that I'm home for good, one of these days we'll have to get together to hang out, when you have time of course =)

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Ann said...

What a great job for you, Lani! I'm thrilled that you've found just the thing, and glad that it's working out for everyone. Have fun packing . . .

Jim does look good in that picture, and I'm glad to hear that he's doing so well.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Charlotte said...

I thought I'd come and surprise you in PC because another airline said they had $118 roundtrip flights to PC if I left this Saturday and stayed no longer than Wednesday. They LIE!

Glad to know that Jim is doing well. Wondered where he was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home