Unknown Things (posted by Lani)
So (thanks a lot, Beth!), I was tagged for a meme where you're supposed to list 7 things people don't know about you. I've discovered that it's much, much harder than you might think to come up with 7 things that (a) people might not know, and (b) somebody, anybody, might actually be interested in knowing, and (c) you don't mind making public, right here on the intarwebs, in front of God and your mom and everybody. Kinda seems like that last one precludes the first two, doesn't it? So, here are some boring but perhaps not overly known things about me.
1. I may be a flight attendant, but I'm terrified of heights. Seriously. I can't stand on a chair without getting the shakes and having my stomach get all ookie. Go figure.
2. I read obsessively, and I read fast (bad combination there budget-wise). I'll read anything from textbooks to cereal boxes, although I prefer fiction or history, and I can easily go through two or three books in a day if I get the chance.
3. Corollary to #2: When I find an author I really like, I have to get every single one of their books and read them. I'll go to great lengths to do it, even if it takes me years to get the ones that are long out of print (and sometimes it does). (Obviously I wasn't kidding about reading obsessively.)
4. My interests in hobbies run in spurts. I honestly envy people who've had the same hobby for years and never lost interest. Me? I go back and forth between several; I'll pick one up and be obsessed with it for a year or two, drop it for a few years in favor of another, then pick it back up. (I think I may actually be completely burned out on counted cross-stitch after finishing Laurie's samurai, though. Thanks a lot, Laur, hope you like him!)
5. I hate housecleaning (sorry Mom). However, I hate a dirty house too. It makes for interesting compromises sometimes.
6. I'm a computer-gaming geek; currently I play World of Warcraft, on a pvp (player vs. player) server. There's a lot to be said for giving a merciless beatdown to other players :D After a long day at work dealing with unhappy people when everything's going wrong, it's a great stress release.
7. I don't care how old he is, I still think Sean Connery is hot.
Ok, sis, your turn. I'm not tagging anyone but YOU for this!