cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

A bit of this, a bit of that.
Wow.
Shoes
Progress
Ten things
*sigh*
Thrift Store
Lobster jammies
Oops, I did it again ...
On Strike

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Saturday, April 07, 2007

April Showers (posted by Lani)

shouldn't be snow showers, IMO. Oh no they should not. And I'm not completely convinced they're going to bring May flowers, either, since the poor little shoots in my garden are not precisely looking perky right now. I'm just glad I had gotten too busy Tuesday before I left on my last trip to put in all my herb and vegetable starts!

So, yeah, it's been snowing pretty steadily here since the pre-dawn hours. Pretty weird; earlier this week I was wearing shorts and a bikini top to work in the back yard. It was trying to stick early on:
but now it's starting to melt away. Mixed feelings on that; I don't WANT snow, but if it's going to snow on me, the least it could do is stick around and look pretty for a few hours. Anyway, I've got a big pot of soup going upstairs to console us, and my plans to do more work in the yard this weekend are shot.

In non-snowy news, Steve had to go out of town for a meeting early in the week; he left Sunday afternoon, got back Tuesday at about 8pm, and I had to get up Wednesday at 4am to leave on a 3-day. Steve wasn't overly excited about that whole development. While he was gone, though, I had fun; I redid the bedroom and living room so he came home to a complete surprise. No new furniture or anything, but new bedding, moving pictures around from one room to another, changing out accessories, all that good jazz. It turned out well; our bedroom is now all whites and pale blues and aquas, very summery and cool (just in time for the snow!) and the living room looks much less cluttered and more open and inviting. He was suitably surprised and impressed when he came home, and it was a lot of fun to do.

Unfortunately yesterday I came home to a failing Pippin. She's not doing well; she's almost 18 so we knew we didn't have forever, but we've discovered that we're really not prepared for her to go just yet. She doesn't seem to be in pain, she's just weak and lethargic. So we're hand feeding her, and walking very slowly with her out to the yard when she needs to go, and giving her lots of loving. Even the cats seem to know she isn't doing well and they come by and touch noses with her ever so often. I guess we're all hoping that she'll perk back up. I'm not going to let her suffer but I just keep thinking, only a few days ago she was bouncing around in the spring-y weather in the backyard, this has to be just ... doggy flu or something. The doggy blahs. Not old age finally catching up with her and winning. Keep your fingers crossed; she's our good girl, and we love her.

3 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Marvie said...

Sending Pippin healing thoughts. I assume you've kept up with the pet food recalls and such? I'm avidly watching them to make sure nothing we've gotten the kitties is listed. It changes so often!

And this weather! Ugh. I was all in the mood to go plant shopping and get some things planted... and now I don't know when it'll even be safe! There was frost on our car when our inlaws left this morning!

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Lani said...

We've been watching the recalls nervously and doublechecking all our pets' food; it's scary, isn't it?

Pip has been slowly improving, and we're to the point now of letting ourselves believe that she'll actualy get back to her normal, happy self. Thanks for the good thoughts!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Oh poor Pip. My heart just sank when I saw that picture - I don't even want to think about when it's time for Darlin' Dog to go.

I'm glad to read that she's improving. I'll keep thinking good thoughts her direction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home