Lots of pictures (posted by Ann)
So hold on, here it comes! First a few pictures of the lovely place I stayed outside London. I have a few gardening ideas after this visit, look at how they use vines. Pyracanthea, ivy, and others that I'm not familiar with.
Then a picture of Tylney Hall across the pond, and a picture of how I'd love my front door to look.
And now for Paris - first thing I did was the Musee d'Orsay, which was fabulous. Just fabulous. I've seen the impressionist exhibits in the states, and they'll have 40 - 50 paintings to look at. The d'Orsay has about 500. It is unbelievable. My favorite painting of all time (up until yesterday) is by Tolouse-Latrec, and I didn't know when I got there but it was in the d'Orsay. Bad picture - it's behind glass and in dim light, since it's a pastel.
But I think I found new favorites. I can't decide between these two - I love the Far East feel of this one, and the geese.
And now, for my fashion picture of the day. As seen in the d'Orsay - I don't think I'll be trying it!
Then I took a boat trip down the Seine for a lovely sunset over Paris, and went to the Eiffel tower where I was too hungry to wait 45 minutes in line. So I found a cafe for a dinner of steak frites, and made my way back to the hotel to sleep for 12 hours.
So, here are a few tips on what I'd need to do to look French and then I'm off to the Louvre and shopping.
1) Lose 20 pounds
2) Look in the mirror, sigh, and lose 10 more pounds
3) Wear a straight skirt, cashmere sweater, patterned opaque hose, flats or boots, and always always a scarf (fave combos seen - black leather skirt, diamond patterned opaque hose, black flat loafers, cream cashmere sweater, red/black/gold long scarf or plaid skirt with gold/red/black, black opaque hose, black flat boots, red v-neck cashmere sweater, and a scarf wound tightly around the neck.
4) No heavy makeup, especially no black eyeliner
5) Always lipstick
6) No sport shoes, always leather, but to my surprise flats are fine
7) Minimal jewelry
8) Must have a fabulous bag
9) Hair is short, or in a ponytail/clip, never hanging long
I won't be passing today!