cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

Mmmm, and Arrrgh: Knitting with Noro
Grrrrrrr
Wow!
Happy Father's Day!
Boats, planes, and turtles
A day in the life
Memorial Day, Sailing and Gardening
Don
Summertime ...
Home again home again

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I have been too busy to post, which means I have lots to share!

First, Mom and Dad came to visit and it was really nice. They went out on the boat to see fireworks with us, Mom and I shopped, and it was a great visit. Here they are with Steve. And speaking of Steve, he got his learner’s permit while they were here so we are doing some driving. He’s doing well, and we have all gotten turns at letting him drive – Don, me and Dad. He has six hours of instruction from the driving school too, so after 50 hours of driving he’ll be an officially licensed driver. I’m ready to do a little less ferrying around, so that will be nice!

We did a lot of sailing after 4th of July, so here are a few pictures. We had friends in from Philadelphia, Dick and Jane, (they take the inevitable sniggering in stride, and say it's easier to say Jane and Dick) and they joined us for a nice day culminating with more fireworks. It was like our own private show, no one was watching, and they were great! Every time Dick and Jane come to visit there is no wind, so of course that happened again. They have invited us to visit them in Philadelphia to go sailing, and now we’ll see if there is wind in Philadelphia. Perhaps.
Then we took the guys that live in the farmhouse in front of us, and their son, out on Friday night and had a great time. Tyler is adorable, isn’t he? And clearly Don is having fun too.

After all the sailing, I left on Sunday at 1PM and flew to Tokyo (13 hours in the air), had a two hour layover, and flew to Singapore (7 hours in the air). It was a very long day, and I arrived midnight Monday night in Singapore. I’m staying at this place, which is very swanky.

After about five hours sleep, I got up Tuesday morning and worked all day – solid meetings – then out to dinner, then back to the hotel for a two hour conference call from 8 – 10 pm, and then had birthday cake with Ash. (I am a bad boss and I made him travel with me to Singapore on his 30th birthday). Then I passed out. Today is less hectic, thank goodness!






Singapore is really clean, beautiful, and seems a little like Disney. It’s too good to be true – except for this, which is the document you have to fill out for entry into the country. Little scary, huh? I’m told that it is safe to walk anywhere at any hour, it seems that crime just doesn’t exist (no wonder). Here is a picture from after dinner last night, with the Singapore Merlion in the background. I’ll give you a link here, that shot doesn’t do him justice.

Tomorrow night Ash and I are headed to the night zoo in Singapore, which is supposed to be really cool. On Friday night, we have a cocktail party with the Singapore management team, and then we have a day to do tourist things.

Saturday night, it's another long flight to Syndey, Australia. Sunday will be sightseeing, Monday and Tuesday are work, and then comes the real fun.

I am going to Cairns to do this . I promise pictures, I got a waterproof case for my camera. Stay tuned!
P.S. I did get out of Greensboro. After much waiting, we got loaded on the plane and waited some more, then unloaded again and more waiting. Then - I saw the pilot running down the concourse. He announced that we had a wheels up time in 20 minutes, and to Get Moving! So we did - we moved so fast they didn't even check our tickets, but we all got loaded and we got out of there.
P.P.S. Is your top done yet? I wanna see!

1 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger Lani said...

1. Happy birthday, Ash!
2. Congratulations on your permit, Steve -- next time I'm in Chicago you can drive me around!
3. Looks like you had a great 4th and post-4th. Tyler is one cute kid, and Don is obviously in his element.
4. Your trip sounds fabulous. Busy, yes, but still fabulous since you'll have some time to actually do things. And I expect some incredible pictures from the Barrier Reef dive.
5. My top is semi-done; I finished it on my trip but haven't yet blocked it/seamed it, since I got home late Monday night and spent yesterday catching up and cooking a REAL meal and generally being lazy. I'll be blocking today as soon as I clean off the bed in the spare room, which requires finishing my current sewing project. I'll take pre- and post-blocking pictures and then show you the finished item tomorrow. I'm loving it and hoping it turns out well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home