cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
Dishclothes
I'm back in civilization
Not in Philly!
I love Sydney!
Singapore
Got home from my first trip of the month Monday ni...
I have been too busy to post, which means I have l...
Mmmm, and Arrrgh: Knitting with Noro
Grrrrrrr

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Monday, August 06, 2007

Home, sweet home (posted by Ann)

I am actually home for a full week. Shhh, don't tell, or there will be an emergency somewhere and I'll have to travel!

It is hard to comprehend just how behind I was on everything when I got home from two weeks away. Work was just unbelievable, as was the house, as was . . . well, everything. I had to travel the week after I arrived at home (just one night, but I've never felt less like getting on an airplane). Fortunately, I was able to commute from Long Island to Stamford in style in Ash's new Porsche 911. On the way back to the airport, I commented that he was driving sort of slow, and all of a sudden he was at 100mph. Fun, but definitely bad for the hair!

Last week, I had a meeting I was hosting, so that meant work non-stop along with entertainment, which was great but exhausting. I wound up staying downtown, because working from 6:30 am to 10 pm and then doing almost four hours of commuting leaves you with - well, let's see - four hours for sleep, showers, etc. That doesn't quite work.

Here's my favorite set of pictures from the meetings. Look how professional Gordon looks.

And then look closely at the tie.


To close the meeting, Ash provided us with his stash of gift booze to work our way through. I actually got to taste both Dom Perignon and Cristal, and if you get the chance to choose go for the Cristal. It was much better than the Dom. Who knew?
This week, I am going NOWHERE. Of course, Don is out of town, so things aren't quite perfect, but sleeping in my own bed for 10 nights straight is going to feel miraculous!

So, the reef. Diving was phenomenal, and I have loaded some of the pictures on Flickr so you can click here to see them. I am still figuring out how to make Flickr work, so bear with me, but there are too many pictures for me to post them individually here. When I'm done posting I'll put them in order again and give you another link.
It was truly the experience of a lifetime. I still have stories to tell, but you'll have to wait. Posting about half the pictures took all the time I could give tonight!
Glad you survived the worst of being a flight attendant, Lani, and I applaud you for the luggage diving that you didn't do. Never happened. Stick with that.
Stay tuned, and I'll try to post a few things this week. Let's see - the Shark Story, pictures of the completed Airplane Hanger/Garage . . .
That's right, I said Shark Story.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Blogger Lani said...

Wow. Incredible pictures; I can't wait to see the rest, and to hear the Shark Story, and to see pictures of the completed Airplane Hangar (why do you even try calling it a garage? Hope? Denial?).

Ash's new car looks fabulously fun, and he looks awfully happy in it. And Gordon's tie is hysterical. Boys and their toys, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home