cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

I Heart My Neighbors
Ah, Springtime
I have no secrets
In theory
Home!
Travel, knitting, and travel knitting
Springtime in the Rockies
26.2 miles in 3:22
Panama City
Baby in the Snow - from Lani

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Springtime (for real this time) (posted by Lani)

It really is finally spring. FINALLY! The bear is definitely awake, we've seen evidence of him although haven't actually seen him yet. Hummingbirds are arriving, we have more and more each day and I'm sure I'll shortly be inundating you with hummingbird pictures. So far just the broadtails, but other varieties will be here soon as well. Deer are wandering up from the valleys and some were in our back yard this morning. We saw a MOOSE, a real live MOOSE, coming back from Nederland the other night. Moose are, as I'm sure you know but as was brought home to me by the presence of this particular moose taking her own sweet time deciding whether to cross the road or just stare at us, very large and imposing. And fairly funny-looking, not that I would say that to their (very large) faces. All in all I was glad I was in my car when I saw the moose.

And of course, we have our foxes.

Boyfriend had a badly injured leg (we think it may have been broken) and I've been shamelessly feeding him and Baby because there was no way he could hunt and I couldn't bear to just let him die -- especially since he was taking food back to the den for Baby and her kits. As these pictures show, though, he's eating well and looking good, and he's starting to use the leg a little for balance now so I'm hopeful that it's healing.




Baby is around more now than she was; I think her kits are getting older and can be left alone more. I was potting up some hanging baskets on the porch last week and she wandered down the hill and came over to lie down and watch me, obviously curious about what the heck I was doing. She and Boyfriend are both starting to lose their winter coats and look a little ragged, but Baby's truly a beautiful girl. Maybe she'll bring her babies down to visit one day; I live in hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home