cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

Ow, ow, ow.
Missing Steve
Yarn School!
Multi-tasking
Click Click Click ...
Arrrrgh!yle
*blink*
Love or brownies
Three ... two ... one ... liftoff!!

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Friday, August 11, 2006

Wow. (posted by Ann)

And I thought I had a bad day yesterday, but you've certainly put it in perspective. I am sure that you scared Steve pretty badly, I was thinking about how I would react if Don was collapsed on the stairs sobbing in pain. Probably about the same as Steve did. I'm glad he was there, and I hope you are feeling better.

I have had some interesting issues the last couple of days. I had a 6:50 AM flight yesterday morning to Boston, and got in my car at 5 AM to go to the airport, which usually gets me inside the airport and ready for check-in etc. about an hour before the flight. When I turned on the radio, I heard all the news about the terrorist plots, arrests, cancellation of flights, red threat status, and the warning to leave extra time for check in. Oops.

I put my laptop in my purse (let's hear it for big purses), removed my makeup from my purse, checked my bag, and headed for the security line. In line at 6, and I completed screening at 6:38. I grabbed my laptop and shoes, and ran - barefoot - through O'Hare.

I made the flight. Barely, and barefoot. Flight attendant told me 26 people in line behind me didn't make the flight, which was why I had a row all to myself.

This morning I had a flight back from Boston, and when I got in the security line they told me that I couldn't have any lipstick. I threw away three Clinique lipsticks, which as you know aren't cheap. When I got up to the radar thingy, the TSA agent behind the belt was joking around and I said "Don't mess with me, I just had to throw away my lipstick!" Well, he was clearly startled by that news, and then went off to check with the TSA manager.

I know you can see the punch line coming. I didn't have to throw away my lipstick after all. I didn't get mine back, but at least any other women travelling out of Logan Airport today will arrive at their destination with lipstick. I've done my job for humanity today.


I thought I'd show you this - our spring break trip last year was to Sedona, and we went up to the Grand Canyon one day and froze standing on the south rim. Here's a picture of Steve and I, with him making fun of how short I am.

I sure hope you are feeling better. Maybe I'll send you brownies - I bet you would call and tell me you got them. Unlike Steve.

2 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger none said...

You do look cold there, but it is a nice picture. I hope to be able to take my family to the Grand Canyon.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Lani said...

You are truly a humanitarian, and I'm sure all the women who traveled behind you from Logan today thank you. The airport back home is definitely NOT allowing lipsticks, to Mom's dismay; they had a piece on the news showing all the women having to throw away lipstick, mascara, etc. Isn't it funny how differently the regulations are interpreted at different airports (and by different screeners)?

Great picture of you and the not-so-little ingrate, btw. My bet is that he's been too busy basking in the glow of being The Boy With Booty's Brownies to bother with mundane things like thanking Mom ;)

I'm feeling better -- still not well, this isn't over yet, but it's not as agonizing as it had been. I'm told The Best Is Yet To Come. I'm wishing there was a fast forward button on life just about now, if that's true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home