cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

So, what's new and exciting with you?
Home, Sweet Home
Keepin' It Real - The Trip to Colorado
Baby, it's cold outside ...
I feel a little weird here ...
The Story of Our New House
Finally.
Robert Burton said
Happy Birthday To You!
Most Medicated Blogger

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Saturday, January 26, 2008

As requested . . . (posted by Ann)

I'm alive.

Just barely.

So here's my excuse - I'm doing two jobs, and it's just about to kill me. I am working way too many hours, and not having any fun. Hopefully this long slog will be over around the middle of February, and I can catch my breath. Wish me luck surviving until then! The good news is that when the dust settles from this, I will be working in a different business unit, and I'm really excited about it. I'm sad to leave all the people that I've been working with, and I'll miss them, but the new job has some real advantages. For one, instead of being global, the job is an Americas job so I'll go to Latin America and Canada but not Europe or Asia. That means less travel, and the travel that I do won't be quite as intrusive into our weekends.

There have been a few things going on around here. The Velocity kit is finished, and Don has started on The Big Build. Here is a link to his site, so you can see pictures of the Velocity in progress. If you want to leave him a comment, go to Contact Me and then the guestbook. He loves comments . . .

I've also done some knitting for someone who is expecting a little girl in February. I found a pattern for a sweater with a flower petal pattern around the neck, and thought it was seriously adorable. It's also a quick knit since it's knit on size 7's. I'll get a picture once I have ends woven in and have it blocked, the ribbing wants to turn up. I'm also working on a cable sweater for a boy, and I have three other sweaters I need to get moving on. My assistant is pregnant with a boy, and two other people I work with are having babies, one boy and one girl. Finding time to knit is a serious problem - I may wind up doing something easier than a sweater, like booties and a hat. We'll see what I can come up with, and I promise pictures once I'm down to only one full-time-all-consuming job.

I'm so glad that you are getting settled, and it sounds like you have great neighbors. Enjoy your new house, and don't freeze. You did pick the absolute coldest time of the year to move north! Our winter has been really brutal this year - lots of snow, and we are on a string of almost two weeks of below freezing weather. Steve had a field trip planned this week to go snow-tubing, and they cancelled due to 25 below wind chill. They say we'll be above freezing tomorrow, and I swear when it is 35 I'm going to feel like wearing a t-shirt outside.

I promise to be a more regular contributor when this work thing settles down, say around mid-February. In the meantime, please keep posting about all your adventures. I do read from time to time even if I'm not posting . . . or commenting . . .

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger serpico said...

ho great for you !!!im here for first time...congratulations for your new opurtunity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home