cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

Oh, man. Sorry to hear about your latest doctors ...
Well, unfortunately,
Eeewwwww!
Insert Title Here ...
Wow.
Ow, ow, ow.
Missing Steve
Yarn School!
Multi-tasking
Click Click Click ...

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Express Lane to Uncool (posted by Lani)

Yup, that would be us. I therefore seriously doubt either of my kidlets is reading this blog; they know about it but as you said, we're just SO un-cool that their own coolness quotient would be on a greased slide to nerddom if they did. So -- since you're probably safe, and I'm dying of curiosity -- get with the pictures already, kiddo. As for other family members, I do know Mom reads us (although thus far she hasn't commented) but as far as I know she's the only family lurker.

Your tomatoes and peppers looked so damn good that I made a 'mater sandwich (on whole grain bread, with mayo, salt and pepper, yumyum) for lunch today. Produce stand veggies aren't as good as homegrown, but they sure do beat supermarket stuff. My own veggie garden never got off the ground this year -- I'm definitely going to do better about that next year.

Last night I was twitchy and uncomfortable and irritated with life, the universe and everything, so I started a ballband warshrag from the pattern I posted a few posts back. It looked soothing and simple and I craved soothing and simple.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting(Fuzzy picture courtesy of my current difficulty with reading comprehension ... my camera manual may as well be written in Portuguese.)
This is FUN! Why didn't you tell me it's such a fun knit? Of course having to shoo Onyx away from the yarn every few stitches slows me down considerably, but this pattern is so easy and logical that I can do it even in my current haze -- it's easy to pick up and see where I am and I love it. And I have scrappy bits of cotton in assorted colors, so I definitely see many warshrags in my future.

The other thing from Mason-Dixon that I really want to do -- ok, so there are several. Obviously the Heartbreakingly Cute Kimono is on the list. Did you see the one with the puppy buttons at the MDKAL? Adorable. But Ann. The mitered squares. Have you seen the mitered square afghans that people are doing out of Noro and cotton? Oh. My. God. The Noro one is to die for, Ann, to die for. Sadly wool, even a wool blend, is not a practical choice for a throw in Casa de Mucho Cat and Dog Hair (this is, btw, only sad for me; Steve right now is probably lighting incense at the altars of every god he can think of in thanks that I'm not out buying up more yarn). A mitered square throw of some variety is in my future though, definitely.

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

heheh more yarn.. not you ? lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home