cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

Cross Your Fingers ...
The Express Lane to Uncool
Oh, man. Sorry to hear about your latest doctors ...
Well, unfortunately,
Eeewwwww!
Insert Title Here ...
Wow.
Ow, ow, ow.
Missing Steve
Yarn School!

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Friday, August 18, 2006

I'll see you your dishrag, and raise you one (posted by Ann)

First of all, congratulations! I can so totally see you loving it, we just have to get you healthy enough to start training.
I've finished one - three guesses who it is for? Someone who loves pink . . . no, that's not the present I got her, but it will be in her stocking. I have to get a picture of her present, but I have to invite over a friend who is a size 2 to try it on for me.
And here's the next one I'm working on, also for the girl who loves pink. Aren't they cute? And fun to knit, definitely. Just enough pattern to not be boring, but not so difficult you're counting stitches. Love it! . . . and here's what I did this weekend at Hobby Lobby. It was on sale!! I swear!! Don't you love all the color combos? Oranges, blues, yellows, I'm going to have a rainbow of dishrags! I have them all earmarked for people, and they are portable enough to take when I travel.

Doesn't she look sweet? It's all a scam, I promise. First of all, she's sleeping on the chair where I work when I'm home. I can't get up for five minutes without her taking it over. But that's not the worst of it - she woke us up eight times last night. Eight times. In the summer, we have to leave the door to the bedroom closed to keep the cool air in. Then you hear scratch, scratch, scratch, meow, meow - let me in. Then scratch, scratch, scratch, meow, meow, let me out. Eight times. Then Don starts laughing at me, and that makes me furious.

Let's just say it wasn't a restful night. I have the squirt bottle of water on my bedside table already. Kitty Bad Girl, Don - they all better watch out!

I just talked to Mom and Dad. I can't believe they are really going to Hawaii!! Good for them, and I hope they love it.

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

aww kitty bad girl is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty .. how can you stay mad at a face like that ?

and umm i cant say anything about the amount of cotton you have there

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Lani said...

She's beautiful. And so, so bad.

Ann, I showed Steve your warshrags .. and he laughed. Then I showed him the cotton. He sighed, shook his head, and said "I was afraid of this. It's genetic."

Poor guy!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Ann said...

You know, she really is beautiful - which is how we got to the eight times a night without the squirt bottle coming out already. But that's it, I'm done now!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home