cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

What Lani Needs
Garterlaaaaaack!
Gulp
A quick update, and I ask you ...
I'll see you your dishrag, and raise you one
Cross Your Fingers ...
The Express Lane to Uncool
Oh, man. Sorry to hear about your latest doctors ...
Well, unfortunately,
Eeewwwww!

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Thursday, August 24, 2006

What Ann needs . . . . (posted by Ann)

I'm very glad to hear that you are doing better. I hope everything works out so you don't have to have any procedures I can't pronounce. I agree that Alex has the Grandmother thing nailed down pretty well, he's a smart boy.

So, I just happen to have the same first name as a very controversial public figure, so I got some good hits. Take a look.

1. Ann needs to get some Revlon's Cherries in the Snow, the ho's lipstick of choice. (That was my first clue that this could be bad)
2. Ann Needs to Get Ahold of Herself. (Amen!)
3. Ann is in desperate need of surgery. (True - would you please start up the liposuction machine?)
4. Ann needs a stylist. (Trust me, she's coming to my house on Sunday. I know you can see the gray, so can I.)
5. Ann needs a new Tricycle. (This is my favorite, I could really get into it!)
6. Ann needs help. (Duh)
7. Ann needs help with an eating disorder. (See #3, we have this handled already)
8. Ann needs help with a gambling disorder. (Actually, I'd rather eat than gamble. See #3 again.)
9. Ann needs a cheeseburger. There is actually a site to promote this, here is the link. http://www.democracymeansyou.com/articles/articlepf.php?ID=290
10. Ann needs to stop talking so much.

Who knew?

I love your new dishrag pattern, but I'm staying true to the ballband. I have knitted in all the cities I've been in this week, and have 2 new dishrags to show for it. I will hold you to the Yarn School next year.

Steve seems to have survived the first week of school, and I've almost survived this week though I've been up between 3 and 4 AM every day. Let's just say that I'm a little tired. The best part of the week has been shopping and dinner with the 3rd sister in Atlanta. It was great to see her, and she and David are coming to visit next weekend. We will be busy, with tickets to Wicked and to King Tut and an evening sailing on the lake. I promise pictures.

Okay, here's my favorite wacko story for the week. I'm in the Philadelphia airport today, walking to my gate. It's pretty crowded, what with the lines to get ice cream and food, so I'm winding my way through when I spot this woman. A very large woman. Standing in the middle of the walkway, stopping traffic, and doing that maneuver where you take your bra off without removing your shirt by pulling the strap out of your sleeve. I'm watching, thinking surely she's not doing what I think she's doing, when she whips out this absolutely enormous brassiere and dangles it from one hand. It was leopard print.

Just when I think I've gone too far, someone raises the bar.

2 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

i am reelin gfrom the airport mental pic..

ridiculous.. there are rest rooms.. and i am by no means a prude but for fucks sake! in the MIDDLE of the airport?

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Ann said...

That's kind of what I thought, but it was funny - no one stopped, everyone was sort of ignoring her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home