cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

Happy Turkey Day!
Around here, we love meeces to pieces
New post below
Alive and well and living in Philadelphia ...
Did you ever wonder . . .
Home
And they're off!
Eet smakelijk
Lots of pictures
Almost Famous

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Snow Day! (posted by Ann)

Well, we got snow! About a foot of the white stuff, starting Thursday night and ending sometime early Friday morning. I was scheduled to get on a plane Thursday morning around 6 AM to go to GSO, and when I heard the weather forecast at 3:30 AM Thursday morning I turned the alarm off, called the airline and told them I wasn't coming, left an e-mail for the poeple who were expecting me, and went back to sleep. Smart move, since for some reason they were still sending me flight updates and I would have gotten home sometime Saturday. Maybe.

Steve actually got a snow day, which he was pretty happy about. That's the first one in five years - when we've had snow, it has been nicely timed (or poorly timed, depending on your perspective) for the weekend.

We had lots of excitement around here for Thanksgiving, but all went well. Laurie got on her flight early Saturday morning, and Don went with us so he could stay in the car and I could help her with luggage, car seat, stroller, and Alex. That's a lot to handle by yourself, so I was able to stay with her through checking bags.

Mom and Dad left early Sunday morning, and then we were right back into the work week. At least I didn't go anywhere this week! I worked at home Friday (since I couldn't get out of the driveway) and I decided to cook a nice dinner for the guys Friday night since I was here. The one of Don's friends from Atlanta called, and he was stuck here overnight so he came to dinner. He asked me if I cooked like this every day, and we all laughed - no, I don't make prime rib, twice baked potatoes, popovers, broccoli, salad and molten chocolate cake every Friday. Though he was a last minute dinner guest so I can see why he was wondering!

This week Don goes to Seattle. He's teaching there for two weeks, so Steve and I will fly out on Friday night and we'll spend the weekend there. I am supposed to take care of a place to stay, and I haven't done it yet so I better get on the ball! Steve and I will return late Sunday, and Don stays through the following Friday.

No pictures this post - in case you didn't notice - I can't find my card that lets me upload pictures. When I find it, which will be when I find the surface of my desk in my home office, you'll see lots.

Not much complicated knitting going on here. I have made dishcloths and string bags for Christmas presents, so no pictures until after XMas. I have decided one thing after struggling with the smiling fish - I like fair isle, the pattern around the bottom of the sweater was fun. And I don't think I mind intarsia, if it is just a few large blocks of color. But this fair isle/intarsia/tons of yarn changes isn't much fun. I never get a rythm going before I have to drop one yarn and pick up another. It's too fiddly for me.

That's probably bad news for the smiling fish. You may see them frowning next time you see them - or maybe a shark will have appeared in their midst . . .

So, Sister, where are you? Post soon or we'll change this to Sister instead of Sister, Sister.

Maybe we need a guest blogger - Charlotte? Natalie? Deneen? Anyone??

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Charlotte said...

I could use a snow day! You remember that Atlanta shuts down with one flake.

The fish are lovely but I get the "are they worth the work?" Used to make me crazy when Mother made me something and didn't do all the little details. Now, I understand. I skip them too! This nut didn't fall far from the tree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home