cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

What Ann needs . . . .
What Lani Needs
Garterlaaaaaack!
Gulp
A quick update, and I ask you ...
I'll see you your dishrag, and raise you one
Cross Your Fingers ...
The Express Lane to Uncool
Oh, man. Sorry to hear about your latest doctors ...
Well, unfortunately,

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The ho's lipstick of choice! (posted by Lani)

The ho's lipstick of choice, eh? HAHAHA! Niiiice. I've been thinking I need to get a makeover before I start The New Job, but that kind of makeover worries me.

Your airport story cracked me up and made me come perilously close to spitting juice on my keyboard. I'm left wondering, though, how precisely does one ignore a woman of a certain size dangling a leopard-print bra with cups the size of your head from one hand? I'm also left trying to imagine what could possibly make you need to remove your bra RIGHT NOW THIS VERY MINUTE, without darting into a restroom or at least a secluded corner, and it just boggles the imagination.

I'm envious of you for both getting to see the Third Sister this week and having her visit you next weekend. What a weekend ya'll have planned! Ours has again been quiet and boring, since I'm still waiting for the GD kidney stone to pass and in the meantime drinking so much water and juice that well, you know how the cartoon characters show the water level rising behind their eyeballs? I'm pretty sure if I could just get the right angle I could get a picture like that of myself. I'm more than a little stircrazy here, too; I'd really like to get out of the house to go somewhere other than the doctor's office or the hospital, and aside from one trip to the grocery store with a side trip to the thrift store, and one trip to the post office to turn in my passport application, those are the only places I've been in two and a half weeks. Oh wait, toss in a run to the vet for Onyx's checkup; I'm told that he's a healthy boy with a good glossy coat and "looks to be quite a little hellion, doesn't he?" She doesn't know the half of it. We have the running of the bulls kitties down our hallways and stairs on a nightly basis, and woe betide he or she who is making a trip to the bathroom at the time. You may not get gored, but you'll get knocked down and trompled (and then licked and purred at; our cats DO have manners).

I finished Mel's blanket finally! And by the skin of my teeth; I had exactly 6.5" of yarn left when I was done. I'm not sure if that's called good planning or good luck, but whichever it is I'll take it. I'll post the pictures tomorrow; when I say "finished" I'm using the term a bit loosely, since I don't actually have the ribbon to thread through the eyelets yet. So tomorrow I have to run down the block to the fabric store to get ribbon, thread it through, take a picture to memorialize my insanity, wrap blanket and other goodies, and mail the package off to Texas. This blanket was a Terry Kimbrough pattern and it turned out beautifully, but if I never see another picot I'll be fine with that. Two ruffles, both edged with picots, just about finished me off on those.

Now on to finish Tempting; I plan on casting on the second sleeve tomorrow, and with any luck I'll have her done within a couple of days. I'd better; I succumbed to temptation yet again and bought the pattern for Sizzle. After Tempting I'm going to finish another of my multiple UFOs (I have 3 partially finished afghans and one partially finished shawl, God help me), and my reward is getting to work on Sizzle once I do. I can't wait!

4 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger hi, i'm natalie said...

ooooh, I as going to buy Sizze today and got the simple knitted bodice pattern instead. Let us know how it goes!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Lani said...

I considered that pattern too, Natalie, but opted for Sizzle because I think I'll wear it more. I'll definitely post progress reports once I start it.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

i LOVE sizzle!

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Congrats on finishing the Blanket!! Dontcha just love picots? I love making snowflakes....Except for those darn picots - makes me want to stop every time I come to them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home