cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

Update
One, two, three . . . .
$29.11????? For real?
Oops, I did it again ..
Oy vey, and Hurray!
Bad mojo all around
I'm Jealous!
Lots to tell!
Temptation is a Bitch
The very model of restraint.

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Monday, September 11, 2006

Have you ever wondered (posted by Lani)

what you'd get when you cross a wild-eyed kitten like this one Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
with a novice knitter who obviously doesn't weave in ends quite well enough, a damp, sheepy-y smelling wool sweater blocking on a bed, and a bedroom door that doesn't always latch when it's shut? Rest easy; you needn't wonder any longer. I can totally answer this question for you today.

You get this scene of yarn-y carnage.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ladies (and gentlemen), I present to you the mangled remains of my Tempting sweater.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Believe it or not, it's fixable, and I do plan to fix it -- but not right now. And before you ask, Onyx is still alive, although it was touch and go for a few minutes before my sense of humor got the better of me (and I got the camera to memorialize what a softy I am when it comes to kittens).

So anyway -- Ann, I hope your big event goes well and that you don't worry too much, and Don and Tater, I hope you continue with your respective splendid recoveries, and Mom, I hope you feel better, and for all of us, I hope that this week will be better than its beginning.

4 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Faith said...

Oh my goodness Lani! Good luck fixing it ... my (lack of) knitting skills are making me cringe just looking at that! Aren't kittens FUN?

Took me a month ... but I'm glad to have found you here. I hope all is well.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I'm really sorry, but I laughed loud and long! You are really a softy, I would have had to put him in time out just so I could have a few minutes to gain my composure.

I want pictures of the big fix.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Charlotte said...

Cats always add a bit of fun to our lives!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Marlene said...

*Sob* you're making me weep!

First for the Tempting that proved to be TOO tempting to a wild-eyed kitten, then I read a little further into your blog and I am weeping with jealousy over your incredibly inexpensive stash enhancement. Why oh why do all of the thrift stores around here have a staff that OVERestimates the value of the yarn (usually crappy acrylic!) that passes through their hands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home