cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

Lots to tell!
Temptation is a Bitch
The very model of restraint.
Is it really me?
The ho's lipstick of choice!
What Ann needs . . . .
What Lani Needs
Garterlaaaaaack!
Gulp
A quick update, and I ask you ...

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Monday, September 04, 2006

I'm Jealous! (posted by Lani)

You and 3rd Sister sound to have had an incredibly wonderful weekend, and both of you look glowingly happy in that picture. I swear to God Charlotte looks more fabulous with every passing year, doesn't she? And she's so thin! Wow! What fabulous bags she's making, too, both your purse (how cool, with pockets and tags and all yet!) and that fantastic tote she's -- well, toting. As for me ... well, let me sum up my weekend like this.

The top 5 things I hate:
5. Urinary tract infections.
4. Throwing up.
3. Hospital emergency rooms.
2. Pain.
and the #1 thing I hate is:
1. Throwing up AGAIN in a hospital emergency room, doubled up in pain AGAIN, AGAIN because of a kidney stone, only THIS TIME it had temporarily blocked my ureter and among other wonderful things caused me to develop a nice juicy UTI.
So, yeah, guess what I did on Labor Day? While normal people were at the beach, or having a picnic, or doing fun stuff with their families? Why, funny you should ask! I was, in fact, busily engaged in doing the thing I hate most in the world (at least right now).

Yes, I'm home. Yes, the stupid kidney stone came home with me, as opposed to your mountains of Marshall Fields goodness. Yes, I'm ok, at least loosely speaking; doped up on phenergan and percocet, shot full of antibiotics, and grumpy as a grizzly bear with a whole mouthful of sore teeth. And yes, I have every intention, at my urologist visit on Wednesday, of making plans to get rid of this stone no matter what it takes. Obviously I've given it too nice a home here and it has no intention of vacating on its own, so it's going to get served with eviction papers ASAP.

I'm sure it's equally obvious that no knitting or crocheting was accomplished in this house today, and odds are good none will be accomplished tomorrow either since merely typing is proving to be quite a challenge to both my brain and my fingers. I hope you weren't expecting pictures of any FO's from me any more than I was from you! Although honestly I'm thinking maybe I could finish at least the ripple portion of the T&Q afghan tomorrow while lazing around; even doped up it's only a ripple after all. Maybe after that's done I could cast on for a Heartbreakingly Cute Kimono; that looks simple enough even to knit on drugs (I've got a great chance of being forced to eat those words, I know). As for the mitred square or moderne log cabin question: did you see this Moderne? Fabulous, isn't it? I think that's my favorite of all the Moderne's I've seen. It tempts me, it does. All in all though the mitred square owns my heart. I WILL make one of those for myself, probably in Noro Silk Garden or some cheaper Noro-ish yarn, once I whip the WIPs into shape and deplete my stash enough to justify buying even one more skein of yarn.

And Annie -- I am tickled at least as pink as your walls that you liked Geisha Girl so much that she's already framed and hung. I never, ever expected her to have that honorable a place in your home, but she and you both look pleased -- and so am I :) I have absolutely no plans of doing another big cross-stitch any time in the near future, but then I've said that before, haven't I?

3 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Deneen said...

Oh Lani, that damn stone! It doesn't wanna leave. Make that urologist get it out tomorrow. Make sure that you let him/her know that "we" don't have the stone, but you do and you would like it removed and then "she" can do with it what she likes.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger none said...

It is terrible that stone is still causing havoc in you. I am sorry. I wish it would leave you. Hang in there!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Oh, man. Get that thing OUT!!! It's obviously not going to get out on it's own, and it seems like a bad boyfriend sort of hanging around without an invitation. So sorry you had a bad weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home