cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

Temptation is a Bitch
The very model of restraint.
Is it really me?
The ho's lipstick of choice!
What Ann needs . . . .
What Lani Needs
Garterlaaaaaack!
Gulp
A quick update, and I ask you ...
I'll see you your dishrag, and raise you one

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Monday, September 04, 2006

Lots to tell! (posted by Ann)

What a great weekend! First, I have to tell you about the belle of the ball. The most beautiful woman in my house. The envy of all who enter. Of course, I mean Geisha Girl. She had lots of potential, but after framing she is a real knockout. And I have her in the place of honor in my dining room, where she is what you see when you come in the front door. You got the nicest compliment ever when Steve said "Where did you get that?" and I said that you made it. Then he said, in a shocked tone of voice, "She made it? Wow!" I expect that 3rd Sister may be contacting you soon to start a campaign aimed at getting one of her own.

We had a great visit. Let's see - we saw King Tut, went to dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant, Tratorria No. 10, went to see Wicked, and then 3rd Sister and David stayed downtown in one of my friend's apartments overnight. And that was all on Friday! They hung out downtown on Saturday while I ran errands etc., then we joined up for sailing Saturday night. It was a beautiful night, with plenty of wind and calm seas. Then we went back downtown yesterday for shopping at Marshall Fields, where I bought out the store with Charlotte cheering me on. The funniest thing was that we dropped David off by the side of the road with no idea how he was going to occupy his time. Turns out he wanted to go see Wrigley Field, and - guess what - there was a game on! He got a ticket and got to watch the Cubs play! Great timing, huh?

:
I got a wonderful present - 3rd sister made me a purse. She's been busy making them for her friends, and I was lucky enough to be on that list. Look how cute it is, and check out the monogram! It's lined with a stripe, and it has pockets that fit my BlackBerry and everything. She got some tape with her initials on it, so inside it says "A Genuine CAT Bag" and has a monogram of a kitty. I love it!!








We decided we wanted a picture of all of us together, so the closest we could get to you was the Geisha Girl. Look at her tote bag - I want one of those too!!







While we were playing, Don was busy. The garage/airplane hangar has a roof, complete with shingles, as well as house wrap and some siding. It rained today, so he got a break.

It's back to work and school for us tomorrow. At least I'm not traveling this week - I'm on strike. Last week I had bad travel. Very bad. Very, very bad. Let's just say I stayed overnight in two cities I didn't plan on staying in, and my luggage wound up in a different city than I did. Twice.

Between my travel problems and visitors this weekend, that's why you haven't heard from me. I know that I promised FO pictures, and I can see that you might be confused not seeing any. Actually, what I meant to say was that eventually I would have FO pictures. I'm surprised I have to explain, really, it all seems so clear to me . . . .

I did consider sending you the Mason Dixon Knitting book, but I'm not quite ready to part with it. You'll have to settle for the kimono instructions I e-mailed you, I'm still absorbing miters and log cabins and trying to decide which sounds like more fun. More to come this week, maybe the FO's will even make an appearance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home