cast of characters

Lani and Ann are the Weaver sisters!

Lani's household consists of Steve, the long-suffering coding genius and computer security guru; Jim, Lani's tall, red-headed and handsome son, currently finishing his second year of college; Hunter, Jasmine, Himari, Chenault, the miraculous Onyx and the even more miraculous Resk, undisputed feline rulers of the house; and Jesse, the man-hating green-cheeked conure.

Ann's household consists of Don, who is not just a computer genius but a pilot, a builder, and a damn good father; their son Steve, the marathon-running, college-bound, funniest teenager I know; and wonder dog Tater.

Other family members are Laurie, Lani's beautiful daughter who teaches at elementary levels; her handsome son Alex, aka Alexander the Great; Mary and Bo, a/k/a Mom and Dad, and Bud and Ann, Steve's patient and wonderful parents.

what's going on

previous posts

Flying, Ear Infections, and Good News!
Snow Day!
Happy Turkey Day!
Around here, we love meeces to pieces
New post below
Alive and well and living in Philadelphia ...
Did you ever wonder . . .
Home
And they're off!
Eet smakelijk

archives

July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 October 2008 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011

public service announcements

Photobucket

rings

links

blog reads







Knit and Tonic

Sister, Sister

the life and times of the Weaver sisters

Monday, December 11, 2006

1,000 miles (posted by Ann)

I hope you are feeling better, and hearing out of both ears. Ear infections aren't fun, and they are a real bummer when you are flying for a living! I'm glad that you got to go to the cabin, it looks really pretty and sounds like fun. Love the gourds, Steve's mom is really talented!

We're back from our quick weekend in Seattle, and I'm headed to work on the train Monday morning. I'm a little tired, but not too much the worse for wear. We managed to make our flight Friday evening, and it was uneventful except for my choice of airline seat. I was thrilled to be able to get an exit row in Economy Plus on United (more leg room!), and I grabbed the window seat instead of Steve since I fully intended to sleep the entire way there. But . . . after we took off the exit door didn't seal very well, which means that the 60 below cold outside seeps in. I just about froze - I used my coat, Steve's coat, and as many blankets as I could get to try to block it and it was still so cold I couldn't possibly sleep. Brrrrr!!!

I'm glad to report that was the worst thing that happened all weekend. Not too bad, huh? Seattle is gorgeous, very green even in the winter, and I really like it. Steve wants to live in the Northwest, and we toured the University of Washington which is in Seattle in case he might want to go to school there. He's starting to think about where he wants to go, which is mostly about whether there are mountains and he can hike and be outside. Fine with me, I'll have a nice place to visit!

We went to Pike Market, and visited the first ever Starbucks. Here is Steve at the shrine.
We bought apples and some fancy jams, and had a blast. There are such different and funky shops there, it's great! Then we went up the Space Needle, which was fun even if it was rainy and foggy so we couldn't see very far. Then we drove around, went to dinner, more Starbucks, etc. We did find a park for Steve to run in, and he did a very fast 7 miles on Sunday before we had to go to the airport to come home.

So I bet you're wondering about the 1,000 miles since all I've done is blab about our weekend in Seattle, huh? Steve runs cross country and track (remember all the running pictures?) and his cross country team gives out T-shirts as awards for mileage run during the summer running season, which is June 1 to September 1. No one has managed to run 1,000 miles during that season since the 1970's, and Steve is going to do it this summer. He has a plan for the summer, and a plan for how to get his mileage up between now and then so he's ready for it. He's very dedicated, and is working hard to get to his goal. For those of you who are wondering, that's about 12 miles a day if he takes one day a week off.

So - sister mine - how could we track his mileage on the blog? I have in mind something that will track his weekly mileage now, and start a counter when the official season starts so we can see how he's doing toward the 1,000. Do you have any ideas of how we could do that?

Not that I'm a proud Mom or anything, you know.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Charlotte said...

I love Seattle too! I also visited Starbucks Mecca. I wish I'd know you were going. There is a great consignment shop downtown. I bought my purple velvet coat there.

Go, Steve! He can run some miles for me. I sure won't be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home